- Get two bowls and a baking pan then place aside
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take one bowl and add the chia egg
- Take the almond meal and mix with the Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic, and parsley in the second bowl
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper and put next to the bowl with the almond breading crumbs
- Coat a mushroom with the egg mixture and then into the almond breading crumbs. Once fully coated place it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all mushrooms are coated and ready to go in the oven
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve
Sometimes to have a healthy snack you need to prepare your food in advance. This recipe is quite easy to throw together and be ready for those snack times at work, on the road, or just when you in between meals and need a quick pick me up.
It will fill you up and give you essential vitamins and minerals like B6, folate, niacin, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and copper. This is also a good source of protein and heart healthy omega three fatty acids.
- Take all the ingredients and place them in an airtight container with a lid
- Shake up until mixed well
- Take ¼ cup as a single serving size and enjoy