Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, that means when you purchase from these links I might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, I only recommend products I love to use myself.
Who doesn’t love spinach and artichoke dip!? It is great from a veggie stand point offering two nutritious vegetables in one serving. One problem with the original recipe is when you look at the list of traditional ingredients it is has not one, two, or three, but four different foods that are high in unhealthy fats: sour cream, mayonnaise, and cream cheese, and parmesan. If you are looking for a lighter nutritious fare try this alternative recipe that uses cashew cream for a healthier version of your favorite dip.
Cashews are great because they can used in a variety of dishes and will change their flavor based on what seasoning you mix in with them. They make a great substitute for cheese with their creamy texture giving you all the taste without any of the saturated fat. The best part is this dish is higher in protein than the regular version. I got the idea from my sister who made this for her Super Bowl party a few years ago. Try it this for your coming game day event and it is sure to be a hit!
- 2 cups cashews
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 15 oz can of plain artichoke hearts chopped or frozen thawed and chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Follow the cashew cream recipe then blend it with 4 cloves of garlic and parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take a baking pan and place the spinach and artichokes
- Top with the cashew cream
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool 10 minutes and transfer to a serving dish and stir the until well mixed
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- Serve with your favorite veggies