Salsa is one of my favorite snacks to make. This spicy mango salsa recipe only has a few ingredients and can be made in a short time.
Some people only use it as a dip but it is a great addition to any dish. This particular salad does not have any tomatoes so it is good for those who are not consuming nightshades or on the Autoimmune Protocol.
Mangoes are one fruit that is rich in nutrients. It has a high amount of vitamin C and also contains folate and B9. Other B vitamins that are present in smaller amounts are B1,B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6. These vitamins are what give your body energy and help you get through your day. So adding a fruit like mango to your diet can be a good substitute for that sugary snack that you are relying on for energy. The bright orange hue of the fruit tells that it is also rich in anti-oxidant properties which are good for improving your health.
Mangoes are a great fruit to add to sweeten dishes naturally. I like to add it to my coleslaw and it makes this salsa taste delicious.
- 1 mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- In a medium bowl place the mango, onion, cilantro and the jalapeño pepper cover with lime juice and mix well.
- Place in a sealable container and refrigerate for 30 minutes or over night
- Serve with your raw veggies