Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, that means when you purchase from these links I might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, I only recommend products I love to use myself.
Tabouleh is a salad that comes from Lebanese culture and usually consists of cracked wheat, tomatoes, parsley, mint, onions, lemon juice, and olive oil. It was one of my favorite Mediterranean foods to have before I had to go gluten free due to my thyroid condition. So now when I make it I use the gluten free grain quinoa instead. I like making this recipe mostly in the summer when cucumbers and Jersey tomatoes are in season. Quinoa is a great addition to this salad since it adds a good amount of fiber and protein to your meal. A cooked one cup serving has about 8 grams protein and 5.5 grams of fiber.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil ((I like Bragg Olive Oil)
- 1 beeftsteak tomato chopped into pieces or 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, and chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp parsley
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Add 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water and boil until the water evaporates and the quinoa is cooked
- Let cool in the fridge for 20 minutes
- In a medium sized bowl place the parsley, dill, chopped tomatoes and cucumbers, mix and set aside
- In a small mixing bowl place the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well
- Take the quinoa out of the fridge and add to the other ingredients.
- Top with the dressing, cover and shake until well mixed