The nice thing about September is there is still a lot of summer fruit and veggies still available for purchase. So take advantage of the season and fill your plate with salads until it gets too cold to eat them.
Usually, my go-to is arugula for the fact that it tends to stay fresh longer in my fridge. I find that other leafy greens will go bad if I buy too big a batch. However, this week I was craving spinach and picked up some fresh leafy greens to make a veggie salad. I combined organic Jersey peaches that were nice and ripe. Peaches are a great addition to make your salad a little sweeter and give it some natural color enhancement.
I topped that salad with a simple dressing that features red wine vinegar and extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil.
Try this recipe out tonight before the weather gets too cold for raw veggies.
Spinach Peach Salad
- 4 cup Spinach
- 2 Peaches sliced
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1 Medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 Small red onion peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl add the spinach, peaches, carrots, onion, cucumbers, and set aside
- In a small mixing bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, and mix well
- Top the salad with the dressing and toss unti well coated