Sometimes to have a healthy snack you need to prepare your food in advance. This recipe is quite easy to throw together and be ready for those snack times at work, on the road, or just when you in between meals and need a quick pick me up.
It will fill you up and give you essential vitamins and minerals like B6, folate, niacin, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and copper. This is also a good source of protein and heart healthy omega three fatty acids.
Heart Healthy Trail Mix
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (I like Woodstock Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds)
- 1 cup unsweetened unprocessed cocao nibs (I like Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cacao Nibs)
- Take all the ingredients and place them in an airtight container with a lid
- Shake up until mixed well
- Take ¼ cup as a single serving size and enjoy