Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, which means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. JK Nutrition Consulting is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
This meatloaf is a gluten-free take on the original version.
Being gluten-free can have some drawbacks when you cannot enjoy some of your favorite foods. Luckily, you can tailor recipes to fit your needs and still have them taste great. This particular recipe is one that is gluten and dairy-free.
This meatloaf is also a paleo-friendly recipe since it has no added sugar, dairy, or grains.
Almond or another gluten-free flour is often a substitute for wheat flour in meatloaf recipes. In this recipe, I did not feel the need for flour so skipped it altogether. I have found it still creates a juicy and mouth-watering loaf.
My favorite brand of meat to use is Butcher Box’s ground turkey since it is convenient and delivered right to your door. If you want to use beef that works too but I would recommend using a grass-fed variety that is free of hormones and additives.
Turkey Carrot & Zucchini Meatloaf
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup Carrots shredded (1 large carrot)
- 1 cup zucchini shredded (1 medium zucchini)
- 1 tsp Dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Take a bread pan and line with parchment paper enough to fit over the sides
- Wash, peel, and grate the carrot and zucchini. Or place in a food processor, shred and put aside
- In a mixing bowl add the turkey, egg, garlic, and onion and mix well
- Add the shredded carrots, zucchini, pepper, and seasoning until all mixed well
- Place the mixture into the pan with the parchment paper
- Cook for 40 minutes or until golden brown
- A toothpick should be clean when pulled out of the meatloaf.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve