I love onion rings but being gluten sensitive I have a hard time finding a gluten free option. This recipe features baked gluten free onion rings. This is a grain-free recipe that makes them taste great without all the trans fat from fried foods.
I also like using almond flour as a grain free alternative. If you do not have any gluten or grain sensitivities I would recommend using an organic brand of breadcrumbs with no added sugar. Be sure to check the ingredients I recently found that a lot of brands are using high fructose corn syrup and a lot of chemical preservatives! This is so crazy since there is no reason that breadcrumbs need to taste sweet.
- 1 onion peeled and cut in to rings
- 1 egg
- Italian seasoning
- Almond flour
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper
- Take 2 bowls and place an egg in one scramble and then set aside
- Take the 2nd bowl and place almond flour in and add 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and mix well
- Take the onion rings and separate out so each ring is separated from each other
- Dip the onion ring in the egg mixture and then cover in the almond mixture and place on a baking sheet
- Repeat until all the onion rings are covered with breading and place in the oven
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy
- Let cool and serve