This gluten-free dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe is a great Thanksgiving dessert substitute for anyone with gluten or dairy intolerancesJump to Recipe
Hope you all are enjoying the fall season!
To me, the best thing about autumn is all the yummy seasonal vegetables!
While technically, it is a fruit, pumpkin is one food that has become quite popular over the past couple of years.
It has been added to everything from bread and beers to coffee drinks and desserts.
Pumpkin not only tastes great but provides an abundance of vital nutrients that are integral to your health.
Benefits of Pumpkin
May Reduce Stress
Nutrients found in pumpkin can reduce stress and anxiety. Beta-carotene improved antioxidant mechanisms in rats. Magnesium in pumpkin can help relax the body. Those deficient in magnesium tend to have higher levels of stress.
Improves your skin
One cup provides 249% of your daily needs of vitamin A which is good for vision and helps to act as an exfoliant for your skin.
Pumpkin Can Improve Vision
Pumpkin’s orange color comes from the antioxidant beta-carotene. This compound can help improve vision.
Beta-carotene in conjunction with nutrients vitamin C, E, zinc, and copper was found to reduce the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration.
Works for your waistline
One cup of mashed pumpkin provides 2.7 grams of fiber which 1 cup of mashed pumpkin provides 2.7 grams of fiber which makes you stay full longer helping with weight control
Pumpkin is a good source of potassium and magnesium with 14% of your daily value. These minerals regulate heartbeat and blood pressure.
May Prevent Breast Cancer
Pumpkin contains phytoestrogens and antioxidants. The antioxidant beta carotene gives pumpkin its orange color and a plant compound that acts like the human hormone estrogen preventing breast cancer according to this study
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
With fall in full swing and Thanksgiving around the corner, I wanted to share with you my 4 ingredient pumpkin pie recipe.
This is a healthy take on a favorite dessert. This gluten-free dairy-free pumpkin pie features cashew cream with no added sugar.
The cashew cream naturally sweetens it keeping a sweet taste without any added sugar.
Equipment Used In the Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie with Cashew Cream
- 2 cups Pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 cup Raw cashews
- 6 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Filtered water
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with parchment paper or grease and set aside
Cashew Cream Instructions
- Boil 6 cups of filtered water
- Place the cashews in a medium sized bowl with room at the top
- Pour boiling water over the cashews until they are fully covered
- Place a dishcloth over the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes
- Once the cashews have soaked up the water use a colander to drain the water
- Rinse with cold filtered water
- Place the cashews in the blender and add the 1/2 cup filtered water
- Blend until a cream like consistency
- Add additional water if needed
Pumpkin Pie Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the pumpkin puree
- Add the cashew cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie plate and use a spatula to spread the mixture until it is evenly distributed
- Place the pie in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. It is fully cooked when a knife comes out clean
- Let cool 15 minutes and serve
Like this recipe? Add it to your collection with Yummly. This website and the mobile app put every recipe in the world in your pocket. It’s your digital recipe box, recipe recommendations just for you, and a smart shopping list – all with you wherever you go! Add it with just a click of the button below!Yum