Some of these links are affiliate links, that means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, we only promote products and services that have provided insight and been very helpful to us. Root Nutrition & Education is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement here
Sauteed butternut squash is an easy recipe to make if you’re looking for a quick veggie recipe. This butternut squash is one of my favorite veggies of the fall season is butternut squash. It has a sweet flavor that pairs well with greens like kale and spinach.
In this recipe, I sauteed butternut squash with arugula and my favorite spices garlic, parsley, and basil. If you are strapped for time you can always opt to use frozen butternut squash.
Garlicky Sauteed Butternut Squash and Arugula
- 2 cups Butternut squash peeled and cubed Don't have time to peel a squash use frozen for easy prep
- 2 cups Arugula
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped or use a pressed Use a garlic press if you hate chopping garlic
- 1 tsp Parsley I used fresh but you can use dried as well
- 1 tsp Basil
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Use a large frying pan and put over medium heat
- Add the butternut squash and heat until soft
- Top with EVOO oil and mix well
- Add the garlic and saute for a minute
- Top with the parsley and basil and continue to cook until well blended
- Add the arugula mixing until turns a dark green and well mixed with butternut squash