Acorn squash is a seasonal favorite of mine. They are the green squash with an orange center and a sweet nutty taste. They can be cooked in a number of ways everything from baked to sauteed or steamed. When you cut them open and scoop out the seeds they have a nice hollow center making them great to stuff. This recipe is an easy way to cook your squash without having to do a lot of preparation.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp cold or expeller pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) (I like California Olive Rancher)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- With a strong sturdy knife cut acorn squash into quarters
- Scoop out the seeds with an ice cream scoop or teaspoon
- Place the acorn squash pieces on a baking sheet
- Drizzle the olive oil on the squash
- Place the garlic, basil, and cumin on the squash pieces
- Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until soft
Like this recipe? Add it to your collection with Yummly. This website and the mobile app will put every recipe in the world in your pocket. It’s your digital recipe box, recipe recommendations just for you, and a smart shopping list – all with you wherever you go! Add it with just a click of the button below!