Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, that means when you sign up or purchase from these links I might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, I only recommend products I love to use myself.
To me the best thing about autumn is all the yummy seasonal vegetables!
While technically, it is a fruit, pumpkin is one food that has become quite popular over the past couple years.
It has been added to everything from breads and beers to coffee drinks and desserts.
Pumpkin not only tastes great, but provides an abundance of vital nutrients that are integral to your health.
Some benefits of pumpkin include:
- Helps your skin and makes you see better – 1 cup provides 249% of your daily needs of vitamin A which is good for vision and helps to act as a exfoliant for your skin
- Works for your waistline – 1 cup of mashed pumpkin provides 2.7 grams of fiber which 1 cup of mashed pumpkin provides 2.7 grams of fiber which makes you stay full longer helping with weight control
- Heart Health – a good source of potassium and magnesium with 14% of your daily value. These minerals regulate heart beat and blood pressure
- Helps prevent breast cancer– contains phytoestrogens and antioxidants. The antioxidant beta carotene gives pumpkin its orange color and a plant compound that acts like the human hormone estrogen preventing breast cancer according this study
With fall in full swing and Thanksgiving around the corner I wanted to share with you my 4 ingredient pumpkin pie recipe.
This is a healthy take on a favorite dessert which is gluten and dairy free with no added sugar.
What makes it taste like a regular pumpkin pie?
The cashew cream naturally sweeten it keeping the taste without any added sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the pumpkin puree
- Add the cashew cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well
- Place in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown
- It is fully cooked when a knife comes out clean
- Let cool 15 minutes and serve