Not only is it a tasty food, but it also has a lot of helpful health benefits. Apples provide an abundance of nutrients including:
- Antioxidants that help to dilate blood vessels, lower blood pressure, and prevent cancer
- Fiber which improves cardiovascular health and lowers the risk of stroke
- Vitamin C fights illness as well as produces collagen to help maintain healthy tissues and skin
So as the saying goes, “an apple day will keep the doctor away.”
One easy way to make apples taste great is to bake them. The heat will bring out the natural sweetness of the apple making a tasty dessert with out any added sugar. This healthy treat is so yummy it is sure to please even the pickiest eater.
Want to learn more health benefits of apples check out BeingSecrets.com to learn 34 Science Backed Health Benefits of Apples.
- 1 apple (any variety)
- Parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take parchment paper and line a baking sheet
- Core and slice apples
- Place on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve