The nice thing about September is there are still a lot of summer fruit and veggies still available for purchase. So take advantage of the season and fill your plate with salads until it gets too cold to eat them.
Usually my go to is arugula for the fact that it tends to stay fresh longer in my fridge. I find that other leafy greens will go bad if I buy too big a batch. However, this week I was craving spinach and picked up some fresh leafy greens to make a veggie salad. I combined organic Jersey peaches that were nice and ripe. Peaches are a great addition to make your salad a little sweeter and give it some natural color enhancement.
I topped that salad with a simple dressing that features lime juice and and extra virgin cold pressed olive oil. The lime dressing makes this salad tasty and gives you a boost of vitamin C which is great to fend off the upcoming cold season.
Don’t like hemp seeds? Add another lean protein that satisfies you.
Try this recipe out tonight before the weather gets too cold for raw veggies.
- 2 cups organic raw spinach
- 1 organic peach, pitted, and chopped into pieces
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 zucchini peeled and made into zoodles (chopped if you don't have a spiralizer)
- 1 tsp dill (fresh or dried)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (i like (I like Foods Alive)
- 1 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil I like California Olive Ranch)
- In a large bowl put the spinach, zucchini, peaches, garlic, dill, and set aside
- In a smaller mixing bowl take the lime juice, olive oil, and mix well
- Top the salad with the dressing and toss until well coated
- Throw in the hemp seeds on top and serve