This recipe was inspired by my sister Suzanne who is a great cook and always coming up with new recipes. She had told me about how she had taken an eggplant stuffed it with garlic and oil and then threw it on the grill one summer evening. It was a great veggie treat and took this recipe and adapted it.
I thought it would be fun to spice it up with parsley which pumps up the nutrient content and gives you a dose of vitamins C, A, K, folate, and niacin. It strengthens the immune system and helps your body absorb the mineral potassium which is something lacking in most American’s diets.
- 1 eggplant peeled
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp EVOO (I like California Olive Rancher http://amzn.to/2sN8CR3)
- Take the peeled eggplant and cut a slit in the middle wide enough to have a little pocket
- Stuff in the eggplant the olive oil, garlic, and parsley
- Wrap with aluminum foil and place on the grill for 20 minutes until soft
- You can also bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes
- Let cool 10 minutes and then use a fork to cut it into pieces so it is mushy