Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, that means when you purchase from these links I might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, I only recommend products I love to use myself.
With winter in full swing, I am always looking for a heathy treat that will keep me warm and toasty. When I was a kid I loved pudding but all the brands I’ve seen contain a lot of sugar. I came up with this recipe experimenting in my kitchen last week and am excited to share it. The fat in the coconut milk will give you a sweet and creamy taste without all the sugar! Don’t like coconut milk or have an allergy? Use pasture raised grass fed milk or another nondairy substitute instead.
- Add the coconut creme to a pot and cover with water
- Cook on low heat and stir until all the creme is melted
- Stir in the cacao powder and mix until it is dissolved in the coconut creme mixture
- Add the chia seeds and cook until a thick paste starts to form
- Stir in a few drops of peppermint
- Let cool and then dish into serving cups and serve