Bone broth has a multitude of needed minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus) and is a great way to get your needed daily calcium. Bone Broth is available for sale at your local grocery store, but sometimes it can contain unnecessary preservatives and added sugar. Making it at home is easy peasy. Check out the recipe below:
To get your fill of calcium and other nutrients check out this recipe for
- 1 lb roasted organic chicken bones
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 large carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 8 cups filtered water
- Place water in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the bones, apple cider vinegar, onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook on low for two hours until the bones have softened and the broth is flavorful.